Vogue International LLC believes that operating in a sustainable manner is a responsibility of all organizations. Therefore, we are committed to reducing our environmental impact and increasing transparency while maintaining our commitment to product safety and sustainable practices as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
We encourage our suppliers and business associates to also make an effort towards practices that are not only commercially sound, but have a positive impact for future generations.
Ingredient Safety Statement
The safety and quality of our ingredients is a critical foundation to the success and safety of our finished products. Our ingredients meet and/or exceed government standards in the United States, Europe and other countries in which we sell our product.
We define the safe range of ingredients using the standards outlined by major regulatory agencies (FDA, EPA, European Commission, etc.) and stay abreast of emerging issues to ensure continued compliance and safety. In the event new scientific evidence raises legitimate concerns about the safety or safe use of our ingredients, we will work with external specialists to find alternatives and, if necessary, set a goal to reduce or eliminate that ingredient.
Vogue International LLC believes that monitoring the evolving science of the sustainable cosmetic chemistry and ingredient safety is a continuous process. We have committed ourselves to monitor priority chemicals when evaluating new formulations and explore alternative options to ensure we continue to provide consumers with safe and affordable products.
Our Goals and Accomplishments
- In December 2012, Vogue International LLC re-formulated OGX shampoos and body washes to remove Cocamide DEA from all products.
- In 2014, Vogue International LLC made the commitment to eliminate the use of the preservative Methylisothiazolinone from our products, by 2017.
- In July of 2014, Vogue International LLC began to phase out the allergen Hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde (HICC, commonly known as Lyral). This allergen has now been eliminated from all OGX products.
- Vogue International LLC committed to eliminating the use of the colorants Red 17 (CI 26100) and Yellow 11 (CI 47000) and set a goal to complete this process by the end of December 2015. Due to limited globally-compliant options, Vogue International LLC has extended the corporate goal and will continue to engage our raw material suppliers to identify suitable alternatives.
Environmental Responsibility Statement
Vogue International LLC believes that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practices and operating in a sustainable manner. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods. Where price premiums are a barrier we will work to find ways to help increase demand and reduce prices. We will be supportive of our communities and their environmental needs. It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers, and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our Goals and Accomplishments
- Vogue International LLC does not intentionally include palm oil or palm kernel oil as an ingredient in any products. For those ingredients that may be chemically derived from palm oil or palm kernel oil, we require the ingredient supplier to be a member of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil, which means that the supplier has “committed to produce, source and/or use sustainable palm oil certified by the RSPO” (www.rspo.org).
- All fragrances used in Vogue International products are compliant with International Fragrance Association’s (IFRA) standards and do not contain alcohol. Further, all fragrances are used at levels not associated with irritation or sensitization.
- All packaging used by Vogue International LLC is subject to compliance with EC Regulation 19335/2001, EC Regulation 1895-2005, EU Directive No10/2011 pertaining to articles intended to come into contact with food and EU Directive 76/768/EEC in regards to cosmetics.
- Our packaging components can be recycled and all shipping materials are re-purposed or recycled.
- In January 2014, Vogue International LLC received the “Go Green” award from the Phenix City Chamber of Commerce commending the Phenix City, Alabama finished goods warehouse for achievements made in recycling cardboards and plastics.
- In April 2015, Vogue International LLC launched the first annual OGX International Beach Cleanup with the help of our corporate office in Clearwater, FL. During the month of April, OGX distributors in Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico and Venezuela are coordinating clean ups on local beaches in collaboration with local organizations, media and volunteers.
- Vogue International LLC is a member of packaging steward programs throughout the globe including the following;
- Green Dot North America (Canada/USA/Mexico): The Green Dot symbol on our packaging confirms our membership and funding into recycling programs in the region. We also encourage our international distributors to become members of Green Dot. Currently, our distributors in Turkey and Austria are members of CEVKO and Grüner Punkt, respectively, which are waste management organizations that allow members to use the Green Dot symbol and fund recycling programs in their countries.
- Canadian Stewardship Services Alliance (CSSA). CSSA covers the provinces of British Columbia (MMBC), Saskatchewan (MMSW), and Manitoba (MMSM). Vogue reports our imported packaging and printed paper to these three initiatives yearly though our voluntary stewardship. On our behalf, our Canadian retailers participate in waste management initiatives in Ontario (Bluebox) and Quebec (EEQ). All fees and dues for these programs are used to facilitate local recycling programs within each province.